We talk a lot about computer security and data security, but you can never have too many reminders of the basics. Here, in a nutshell, are the security tips and habits every computer user should know. Consider it a quick way to audit your own security or help others you care about get the essentials down.
10. Watch Out for Social Engineering Attacks
9. Make Your Phone’s Lock Code More Secure
8. Back Up Your Computer Automatically
7. Install the Best Antivirus and Anti-Malware Software
6. Lock Down Your Wireless Router
5. Never Send Sensitive Information Over Email Unless It’s Encrypted
4. Don’t Use Public Wi-Fi Without a VPN
3. Use a Password Manager
2. Use Two-Factor Authentication
1. Regularly Review Your App Permissions and Security Settings
Get all the details at the original article at lifehacker.com/top-10-tech-security-basics-every-person-should-follow-1767148925.